May 25, 2012

What Are You Reading Now?

I'm still reading/ working my way through Julia Cameron's "Right to Write", and enjoying it. (Thank You, Lisa).

However, occasionally I feel a need for the literature that I call "Mind Candy". Ok, mostly what I read could be labeled "Mind Candy" ... a zip-through-it reads that I pulled off the "new fiction" shelf at my local library.

My current selection: "The Maid of Fairbourne Hall" by Julie Klassen.

Privileged and pampered Margaret flees her home and evil Stepfather who plans to marry her off to  a cousin or some such, so the SF can control a large inheritance that Margaret will come into at her next birthday.
Margaret poses as Nora, a lady's maid, and ends up working in the house of brothers - both former suitors of Margaret. Of course the scene is 18 something England, full of costumes, mob caps, corsets (really, people?) and clean reputations.

I'll let you know how it goes!

If you don't check in until after the holiday weekend have a Happy Memorial Day

"Remember, Salute, Honor"

Love
GruvEMom - DAR - God Home and Country


No comments:

Post a Comment